Oklahoma City Law Firm Of Brown & Gould

Oklahoma City Family Law Attorneys


When it comes to your family, we understand you want to try and solve problems yourself. No one wants to air dirty laundry in front of strangers, or worse yet, a judge. However, judicial intervention is often necessary and helpful. There are certain circumstances during which you cannot avoid going to court, such as if you want a divorce. There are also arguments that benefit from an objective third party, like when you are fighting over where your child should live.

Whatever your family situation or legal matter, our family law attorneys at Brown & Gould, PLLC are here to help. We have decades of legal experience, enabling us to offer you comprehensive and personalized representation. If you or a loved one needs help, contact us online or call us at 405-235-4500.

Family Law Matters

At Brown & Gould, PLLC, we have years of experience handling all types of family matters, including:

  • Divorce: We represent both husbands and wives in contested and uncontested divorces. We will guide you through this process with compassion while trying to help you avoid common pitfalls that can increase the time and expense it takes to dissolve your marriage.
  • Spousal support/maintenance: Whether you believe you have a right to spousal support or you expect your husband or wife to request it, call us today to learn about Oklahoma’s alimony law.
  • Child custody: Few things can become as contentious as a child custody matter. If you are a mother or father and are fighting for your right to be part of your children’s lives call us today. We fully support and represent fathers’ rights and are here to fight for what is best for your child.
  • Visitation: You may not be in the position to take on full custody of your children. However, that does not mean you do not want or deserve your time with them. If you want to enforce your visitation rights or increase your amount of visitation, call us today.
  • Child support: Biological and legal parents are required to financially provide for their children. When one parent has custody, the other may be required to pay child support. If you need to receive child support or believe you will have to pay it, give us a call. We can guide you through this process.
  • Protective orders: Sometimes situations get out of hand or you get involved with someone who turns violent. If you fear for your or your children’s safety, call us about obtaining an emergency or long-term protective order.
  • Adoptions: Not all family law matters are negative. At Brown & Gould, PLLC, we enjoy being part of the times where you get to expand and solidify your family. If you want to move forward with adoption, call us today. We can help you through the administrative and legal processes of adoption.
  • Guardianships: There are times when you or a family member may not be capable of taking care of their kids. Or you may have an elderly parent or relative who needs help. In this situations, you or another adult may need to become the child or disabled adult’s guardian. We can explain this relationship and if it is right for your situation, guide you through the legal process.

We Can Help With Modifications

While we can help you obtain a divorce or set up a child custody, visitation, or support order, we understand that these may not be right for you forever.

There are many reasons why you may need to return to court to alter your divorce decree. Sometimes it is as simple as wanting to include a provision to change your last name. Or it could be a more serious issue related to the division of property. Whatever the reason, we are able to help you return to court to modify your divorce order.

Additionally, we are well-versed in returning to court for child custody, child support, and spousal support modifications. You and your children’s circumstances can change at a moment’s notice. You may need to request a greater amount of support if your children’s needs increase or you may need to ask the court to reduce your obligation if you suddenly lost your job. If you believe something about your child matter or alimony needs to change, contact us right away.

Contact Our Oklahoma Family Lawyers Today

If you need help with a family matter, do not hesitate to reach out to us for help. By contacting us online or calling at 405-235-4500, you can schedule a free initial consultation. We can listen to your situation, answer your questions, explain your rights, and advise you on what you should do next.

Contact Us Today

Areas We Serve

Brown & Gould, PLLC,
136 NW 10th Street
Suite 200
Oklahoma City, OK 73103
Phone: 405-235-4500
Fax: 405-235-4507    
The Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, law office of Brown & Gould, PLLC, serves the nearby cities of Moore, Norman, Edmond, Nichols Hills, Midwest City, Del City, Yukon, Mustang, El Reno, Shawnee, Tulsa and other areas, including Oklahoma County, Cleveland County, Canadian County, McClain County, Pottawatomie County, Tulsa County, Logan County and throughout the state of Texas in the cities of Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, San Antonio, El Paso and Austin.