Oklahoma City Law Firm Of Brown & Gould

Oklahoma City Appeals Lawyers


Oklahoma City Appeals AttorneyThe outcome of family law cases involving divorce, property and child custody can have a profound effect on families for years to come. When court decisions are unfavorable, restarting your life can be a difficult task. A motion to modify a divorce ruling or a child custody appeal can help you get your life back on track. At Brown & Gould, PLLC, we provide representation for family law appellate matters. From our law office in Oklahoma City, our appellate attorneys serve as dedicated legal advocates for clients throughout Oklahoma and Texas.

Our attorneys can help you with your appeals case. Call 405-235-4500 or contact us online today.

Oklahoma City Appellate Attorneys

In addition to family law appeals, we handle cases in all areas of civil appellate practice. Our attorneys provide experienced representation for appellate issues and can help you with your appellate case.

You may appeal a decision that you feel was incorrect if certain procedural steps are followed. It is important to take timely legal action to address an issue that you wish to appeal. In Oklahoma, an appeal must be filed within 30 days of rendition of the final judgment.

Appealing court decisions on divorce, property division or child custody matters is a complicated task. Our skilled family law attorneys can guide you through the appellate process and seek a better result for you.

Decisions may be reversed if you believe the trial judge abused discretion or made an error of law. To file an appeal, it is important to have a reason besides just not liking what the judge decided on your case.

In divorce cases, judges have broad discretion, and it can be difficult to reverse a trial judge’s decision through appellate court. We begin by completing a petition in error to start the appeal process. This provides an opportunity for the appellate court to reconsider evidence that could more favorably present your case.

If you feel representation from a former lawyer was less than you would have liked to receive, we can provide you with a second opinion about your case. Our knowledgeable attorneys can review what happened and identify your options, including the possibility of an appeal to address the matter.

Appealing Unfavorable Rulings for Your Case

To discuss appealing a recent ruling for a family law issue, contact us. Please call 405-235-4500 or send an e-mail. We are happy to schedule off-site, evening or weekend appointments for the convenience of our clients.

Contact Us Today

Areas We Serve

Brown & Gould, PLLC,
136 NW 10th Street
Suite 200
Oklahoma City, OK 73103
Phone: 405-235-4500
Fax: 405-235-4507    
The Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, law office of Brown & Gould, PLLC, serves the nearby cities of Moore, Norman, Edmond, Nichols Hills, Midwest City, Del City, Yukon, Mustang, El Reno, Shawnee, Tulsa and other areas, including Oklahoma County, Cleveland County, Canadian County, McClain County, Pottawatomie County, Tulsa County, Logan County and throughout the state of Texas in the cities of Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, San Antonio, El Paso and Austin.